working/Evergreen.git
4 years agoLP#800706: Stamping upgrade script
Jason Stephenson [Wed, 13 May 2015 17:51:35 +0000 (13:51 -0400)]
LP#800706: Stamping upgrade script

Signed-off-by: Jason Stephenson <jstephenson@mvlc.org>
4 years agoLP#800706: add regression test
Galen Charlton [Tue, 12 May 2015 20:02:09 +0000 (16:02 -0400)]
LP#800706: add regression test

Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
Signed-off-by: Jason Stephenson <jstephenson@mvlc.org>
4 years agoLP#800706: add index to serial.record_entry.record
Galen Charlton [Tue, 12 May 2015 19:27:07 +0000 (15:27 -0400)]
LP#800706: add index to serial.record_entry.record

This patch adds index on the record column of serial.record_entry,
which can improve performance when displaying record details pages
in databases that have a large number MFHDs.

Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
Signed-off-by: Jason Stephenson <jstephenson@mvlc.org>
4 years agoLP#1445150: Symlink for 000.english.pg94.fts-config.sql
Ben Shum [Sat, 9 May 2015 02:10:19 +0000 (22:10 -0400)]
LP#1445150: Symlink for 000.english.pg94.fts-config.sql

We need this so that the eg_db_config script can make the Evergreen
database with PostgreSQL 9.4 systems.

Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1445182 Changed Debian Jessie dependency install to use packages for dbi dbd-pgsql.
Josh Stompro [Thu, 30 Apr 2015 14:37:50 +0000 (09:37 -0500)]
LP#1445182 Changed Debian Jessie dependency install to use packages for dbi dbd-pgsql.

Signed-off-by: Josh Stompro <stomproj@larl.org>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
Conflicts:
Open-ILS/src/extras/install/Makefile.debian-jessie

4 years agoLP#1362260 - Email::Sender/libemail-send-perl change in Jessie
Josh Stompro [Thu, 16 Apr 2015 16:21:13 +0000 (11:21 -0500)]
LP#1362260 - Email::Sender/libemail-send-perl change in Jessie

libemail-send-perl no longer exists in Debian Jessie.  Change
Makefile.debian-jessie to install cpan version instead of
debian package.

Signed-off-by: Josh Stompro <stomproj@larl.org>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1445187 - Force disable of deflate
Josh Stompro [Thu, 16 Apr 2015 19:55:25 +0000 (14:55 -0500)]
LP#1445187 - Force disable of deflate

Add the -f (force) flag to a2dismod to remove the chance of getting
a confirmation prompt when removing deflate.

Signed-off-by: Josh Stompro <stomproj@larl.org>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1447195 Updates for Debian Jessie in README
Josh Stompro [Mon, 20 Apr 2015 19:45:59 +0000 (14:45 -0500)]
LP#1447195 Updates for Debian Jessie in README

- Adding in a few missed references to Debian Jessie
- Noted instances where Jessie uses the same instructions as Trusty
- Debian Jessie includes Apache2.4 so needs to use those steps.
- Added Jessie to postgres server install

Signed-off-by: Josh Stompro <stomproj@larl.org>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1445150 Update Debian Jessie depend make to PG9.4
Josh Stompro [Thu, 16 Apr 2015 18:13:17 +0000 (13:13 -0500)]
LP#1445150 Update Debian Jessie depend make to PG9.4

Signed-off-by: Josh Stompro <stomproj@larl.org>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoDocs: Change references to release 2.8.1 for server upgrade
Ben Shum [Mon, 4 May 2015 16:58:22 +0000 (12:58 -0400)]
Docs: Change references to release 2.8.1 for server upgrade

Since 2.8.1 is released, change references in upgrade docs to this newest
release.

Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1449283: fix auth when running under Apache 2.4
Galen Charlton [Thu, 30 Apr 2015 18:07:14 +0000 (11:07 -0700)]
LP#1449283: fix auth when running under Apache 2.4

When running under Apache 2.4 using the stock configuration
derived from apache_24/eg_vhost.conf.in, protected
URLs such as https://eghost/reporter/ that are meant to
require valid EG staff credentials were not in fact
requiring authentication.

This patch does the following to fix this:

[1] Removes several uses of "Require all granted" that
    was causing authentication to be ignored.
[2] Changes OpenILS::WWW::Proxy::Authen so that it always
    sets the username in the Apache request object if
    authentication was successful; it appears that starting
    with Apache 2.4, authentication handlers must ensure
    that a user name is set for a "Require valid-user"
    directive to work.

Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
Signed-off-by: Jason Stephenson <jstephenson@mvlc.org>
Signed-off-by: Bill Erickson <berickxx@gmail.com>
4 years agoForward-port 2.8.0 to 2.8.1 SQL upgrade
Bill Erickson [Fri, 1 May 2015 20:06:14 +0000 (16:06 -0400)]
Forward-port 2.8.0 to 2.8.1 SQL upgrade

Signed-off-by: Bill Erickson <berickxx@gmail.com>
4 years agoAdd 2.8.1 release notes to the 2.8 release note file.
Kathy Lussier [Wed, 29 Apr 2015 03:09:57 +0000 (23:09 -0400)]
Add 2.8.1 release notes to the 2.8 release note file.

Signed-off-by: Kathy Lussier <klussier@masslnc.org>
4 years agoLP#1427309 Fix Crash in Collections User Balance Summary
Jason Boyer [Mon, 2 Mar 2015 20:06:33 +0000 (15:06 -0500)]
LP#1427309 Fix Crash in Collections User Balance Summary

Previously a patron in collections that paid off all
transactions would cause a crash and stop processing
any balance summary file that they are supposed to
appear in. Now user balance summaries can be created
in full even if some users have a 0 balance.

Signed-off-by: Jason Boyer <jboyer@library.in.gov>
Signed-off-by: Bill Erickson <berickxx@gmail.com>
4 years agoLP 1444130: Add max_chunk_size guards to Holds.pm.
Jason Stephenson [Tue, 14 Apr 2015 14:43:49 +0000 (10:43 -0400)]
LP 1444130: Add max_chunk_size guards to Holds.pm.

Web staff client fixes introduced a bug in using the Clear
Holds Shelf checkin modifier.  Commit 4ccbf980 added calls
to max_chunk_size on the client to use chunked responses for
better feedback during long operations.  Thise works just
fine when a regular OpenSRF AppRequest is used, but leads to
a network error when AppSubrequest is used, as apparently the
xul client does with the Clear Holds Shelf checkin modifier.

This commit adds code to check if the client object can do
the max_chunk_size call when the max_chunk_size call is
made.  This will prevent the network errors in cases where
the client is an AppSubrequest object and will still use
chunked responses when the client is capable of doing it.

Signed-off-by: Jason Stephenson <jstephenson@mvlc.org>
Signed-off-by: Bill Erickson <berickxx@gmail.com>
4 years agoLP#1443952 Lost fine handling refactor
Dan Wells [Fri, 20 Feb 2015 22:36:25 +0000 (17:36 -0500)]
LP#1443952 Lost fine handling refactor

This commit moves the lost fine logic out of the lost processing
portion of Circulate.pm and into the new handle_fines() method.
This is accomplished through setting a new flag and lost
options hash on the main Circulator object.

This change improves the overall process flow, and in doing so
addresses a bug where overdue fines could be doubled if both
restore-overdue-on-lost-return and generate-new-overdues-on-lost-return
are enabled.  Before this change, the new fines would generate before
the old fines were unvoided, which effectively circumvented the max
fines setting.

A secondary change made here is that stop_fines is also now being set
during the handle_fines() stage. This improves any case where overdues
are being set on checkin, particularly lost returns, as the stop_fines
will end up as the proper value of MAX_FINES or CHECKIN.

Signed-off-by: Dan Wells <dbw2@calvin.edu>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1443952 Move overdue restore above lost void/adjustment
Dan Wells [Fri, 20 Feb 2015 22:28:44 +0000 (17:28 -0500)]
LP#1443952 Move overdue restore above lost void/adjustment

If a person loses something and has their overdues voided/zeroed,
then pays for part of it, then returns the item, the part they
actually paid should apply to the overdues.  In order for this to
happen, the overdues must exist *before* the lost fines are adjusted.

Signed-off-by: Dan Wells <dbw2@calvin.edu>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1442695: install purge_pending_users.srfsh to /openils/bin by default
Galen Charlton [Fri, 10 Apr 2015 15:47:29 +0000 (15:47 +0000)]
LP#1442695: install purge_pending_users.srfsh to /openils/bin by default

Since purge_pending_users.srfsh is in the example crontab, it should
be installed to the Evergreen binaries directory (typically /openils/bin)
by default.

Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1442701: prune 'message_id' and 'single' CGI params from TPAC dashboard links
Galen Charlton [Fri, 10 Apr 2015 16:09:26 +0000 (16:09 +0000)]
LP#1442701: prune 'message_id' and 'single' CGI params from TPAC dashboard links

This patch fixes a bug where if one goes to the single patron
message view in TPAC, clicking on the 'Message' button in the
dashboard button bar does not return one to the list of messages, but
instead takes the user back to the single message the user was
viewing.  This patch also prunes the CGI parameter from other
links in the patron dashboard.

Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
Signed-off-by: Kathy Lussier <klussier@masslnc.org>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1380803 Update PO summary amounts
Bill Erickson [Mon, 6 Apr 2015 21:33:26 +0000 (17:33 -0400)]
LP#1380803 Update PO summary amounts

Refresh the PO summary amounts (spent, encumbered, estimated) each time
an amount-changing event occurs.  These include changing the lineitem
price, adding/removing a direct charge, and adding/removing copies via
the copy grid.

Note that adding/removing copies via the batch-updater alread causes a
page refresh, which updates the summary amounts.

Signed-off-by: Bill Erickson <berickxx@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Kathy Lussier <klussier@masslnc.org>
4 years agoLP#1380803 Include direct charges in PO esimated price
Bill Erickson [Mon, 6 Apr 2015 18:54:55 +0000 (14:54 -0400)]
LP#1380803 Include direct charges in PO esimated price

Move the estimated PO price calculation into the middle layer, along
with the total encumbered and spent calculation.  Add a new
PO.amount_estimated field for carrying the data.

Signed-off-by: Bill Erickson <berickxx@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Kathy Lussier <klussier@masslnc.org>
4 years agoDocs: Update 2.6 RELEASE NOTES to include new section on Bug Fixes
Ben Shum [Fri, 10 Apr 2015 14:53:59 +0000 (10:53 -0400)]
Docs: Update 2.6 RELEASE NOTES to include new section on Bug Fixes

Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoDocs: Update 2.8 RELEASE NOTES to include new Bug Fixes section
Ben Shum [Fri, 10 Apr 2015 14:48:43 +0000 (10:48 -0400)]
Docs: Update 2.8 RELEASE NOTES to include new Bug Fixes section

Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoDocs: Move security bug fix note into the Bug Fixes area of 2.7 RELEASE NOTES
Ben Shum [Fri, 10 Apr 2015 14:43:31 +0000 (10:43 -0400)]
Docs: Move security bug fix note into the Bug Fixes area of 2.7 RELEASE NOTES

Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoDocs: Start a new section for bug fixes for 2.7 series
Ben Shum [Fri, 10 Apr 2015 14:38:45 +0000 (10:38 -0400)]
Docs: Start a new section for bug fixes for 2.7 series

And pull in the reporter changes here.

Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoDOCS: Simplify release notes entry for AccessHandler
Remington Steed [Tue, 7 Apr 2015 13:35:19 +0000 (09:35 -0400)]
DOCS: Simplify release notes entry for AccessHandler

This commit trims down the AccessHandler docs to provide a simpler
introduction to the feature for use in the release notes. Also, a few
minor wording edits were made.

Signed-off-by: Remington Steed <rjs7@calvin.edu>
Signed-off-by: Kathy Lussier <klussier@masslnc.org>
4 years agoLP#1436906 clean up PO direct charges on delete/cancel
Bill Erickson [Mon, 6 Apr 2015 15:24:33 +0000 (11:24 -0400)]
LP#1436906 clean up PO direct charges on delete/cancel

1. Deleting a "direct charge" from a PO removes the linked fund_debit if
the fund_debit has not been paid (i.e. it's still encumbered).

If the debit has been paid, the charge cannot be removed, unless/until
the debit is re-encumbered by un-invoicing the charge.

2. When a PO is canceled, fund_debits linked to PO items are removed.
As above, if the debit has been paid (invoiced), the PO cannot be
canceled, unless/until direct charge debits are un-invoiced.

Signed-off-by: Bill Erickson <berickxx@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Kathy Lussier <klussier@masslnc.org>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1435494: add release notes entry
Galen Charlton [Thu, 9 Apr 2015 20:50:24 +0000 (20:50 +0000)]
LP#1435494: add release notes entry

Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1435494: suggest 1048575 as a default resultset_limit
Galen Charlton [Thu, 9 Apr 2015 20:09:59 +0000 (20:09 +0000)]
LP#1435494: suggest 1048575 as a default resultset_limit

Per a suggestion by Thomas Berezansky; this magic number
represents the number of rows supported by XSLX, less one
for a header row.

Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1435494: do not encourage <resultset_limit></resultset_limit>
Galen Charlton [Thu, 9 Apr 2015 20:06:25 +0000 (20:06 +0000)]
LP#1435494: do not encourage <resultset_limit></resultset_limit>

An empty node in opensrf.xml gets parsed as an empty hashref,
not an empty scalar, so we'll use <resultset_limit>0</resultlet_limit>
in the suggested opensrf.xml config.  This fixes an issue
noticed by Ben Shum during testing where reports could fail with
the following message:

  DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR: syntax error at or near "0"
  LINE 43: ) limited_to_HASH(0x2a974f8)_hits LIMIT HASH(0x2a974f8)
                             ^ at /openils/bin/clark-kent.pl line 243.

Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1435494: set limits on Clark Kent's resource usage
Galen Charlton [Fri, 20 Mar 2015 20:33:39 +0000 (20:33 +0000)]
LP#1435494: set limits on Clark Kent's resource usage

Clark Kent can sometimes consume more RAM, swap space, or CPU
than is reasonable or productive. For example:

- a badly constructed query with multiple Cartesian joins may
  never terminate, potentially tying up a Clark child process,
  pegging a CPU on the database server, and/or causing significant
  scratch disk usage on the database server keeping a snapshot alive.
- a query that returns a very large number of rows can cause a Clark
  child to bloat, and in extreme cases cause a OOM on the server
  running Clark.
- a report that asks for a chart of an unreasonably large number of
  rows can peg a CPU on the Clark server as GD::Graph attempts to
  compute sub-pixel graph elements.

In each of these cases, a requested report may never finish.

This patch adds the ability set set some limits on Clark.  These
limits can be set either in opensrf.xml for the settings service
to distribute or via command-line switches to clark-kent.pl:

//reporter/setup/statement_timeout / --statement-timeout

  Number of minutes to allow a report's underlying SQL query
  to run before it gets cancelled.  Default value is
  60 minutes.  If a report's query gets cancelled, the
  error_text value will be set to a valid that indicates that
  the allowed time was exceeded.

//reporter/setup/max_rows_for_charts / --max-rows-for-charts

  Number of rows permitted in the query's output before
  Clark Kent refuses to attempt to draw a graph. Default
  value is 1,000 rows.

//reporter/setup/resultset_limit / --resultset-limit

  If set, truncates the report's output to the specified
  number of hits.  Note that it will not be apparent
  to a staff user if the report's output has been
  truncated.  Default value is unlimited.

This patch also adds the ability for the concurrency
to be set via an opensrf.xml setting (//reporter/setup/parallel).

If both a command-line switch and an opensrf.xml setting
are supplied, the value set in the command line takes
precedence.

Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1442246: (follow-up) use pre-wrap rather than pre
Galen Charlton [Thu, 9 Apr 2015 20:52:48 +0000 (20:52 +0000)]
LP#1442246: (follow-up) use pre-wrap rather than pre

This allows long messages to wrap; such messages can easily
be produced by manual creation of user notes.

Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1442246: improve styling of patron messages
Galen Charlton [Tue, 31 Mar 2015 20:34:42 +0000 (20:34 +0000)]
LP#1442246: improve styling of patron messages

This patch adds new CSS classes for pieces of the
patron message display, uses a preformatted display
for the message body, and fixes an HTML nesting error.

Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1442254: Stamping upgrade script for use-ws-lib-for-messages
Ben Shum [Fri, 10 Apr 2015 01:58:07 +0000 (21:58 -0400)]
LP#1442254: Stamping upgrade script for use-ws-lib-for-messages

Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1442254: adjust how sending library set for messages created from notes
Galen Charlton [Tue, 31 Mar 2015 21:23:22 +0000 (21:23 +0000)]
LP#1442254: adjust how sending library set for messages created from notes

When creating a new user message from a public note, the library
of the workstation of the staff member who created the original
note is used if available from get_audit_info().  If it's not
available (e.g., if notes are added using direct SQL, the
home library of the note creator is used instead).

Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
Signed-off-by: Kathy Lussier <klussier@masslnc.org>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1442262: move patron messages link to dashboard button bar
Galen Charlton [Wed, 8 Apr 2015 22:42:26 +0000 (22:42 +0000)]
LP#1442262: move patron messages link to dashboard button bar

Also implement a Facebook-style display of the unread
messages count.

Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
Signed-off-by: Kathy Lussier <klussier@masslnc.org>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1442260: include unread message count in page title
Galen Charlton [Tue, 31 Mar 2015 21:03:14 +0000 (21:03 +0000)]
LP#1442260: include unread message count in page title

If a patron is logged in and has at least one unread message,
the count of unread messages is prepended to the page title
for all TPAC pages.

Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
Signed-off-by: Kathy Lussier <klussier@masslnc.org>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1442250: fix thinko preventing message deletion acknowledgment from being displayed
Galen Charlton [Tue, 31 Mar 2015 20:38:16 +0000 (20:38 +0000)]
LP#1442250: fix thinko preventing message deletion acknowledgment from being displayed

Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
Signed-off-by: Kathy Lussier <klussier@masslnc.org>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1441634: add release notes for removal of biblios.net Z39.50 target
Galen Charlton [Wed, 8 Apr 2015 16:30:19 +0000 (16:30 +0000)]
LP#1441634: add release notes for removal of biblios.net Z39.50 target

Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
4 years agoLP#1441634 Remove biblios.net from Z39.50 sources
Dan Scott [Wed, 8 Apr 2015 13:53:14 +0000 (09:53 -0400)]
LP#1441634 Remove biblios.net from Z39.50 sources

The biblios.net Z39.50 server has not been functional for years.
Remove it from the list of Z39.50 servers that we populate in a
default install of Evergreen.

Signed-off-by: Dan Scott <dscott@laurentian.ca>
Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
4 years agoDocs: Change all .PNG to .png
Ben Shum [Tue, 7 Apr 2015 21:22:10 +0000 (17:22 -0400)]
Docs: Change all .PNG to .png

There were files with uppercase .PNG and referneces to .PNG in the docs.

Change all to lowercase .png for consistency.

Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoDocs: Delete remnant .JPG files that had already been converted to .jpg
Ben Shum [Tue, 7 Apr 2015 20:04:47 +0000 (16:04 -0400)]
Docs: Delete remnant .JPG files that had already been converted to .jpg

In a previous commit, these files were already re-added as lowercase .jpg,
so let's go ahead and remove the .JPG versions of those files.

Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoDocs: Change all .JPG to .jpg
Ben Shum [Tue, 7 Apr 2015 20:03:39 +0000 (16:03 -0400)]
Docs: Change all .JPG to .jpg

There were files with uppercase .JPG and references to .JPG in the docs.

Change all to lowercase .jpg for consistency.

Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoDocs: Minor edits to 2.8 release notes
Ben Shum [Tue, 7 Apr 2015 15:39:22 +0000 (11:39 -0400)]
Docs: Minor edits to 2.8 release notes

Fix spelling mistake for "Berkless" to "Berklee" in the acknowledgements.

Also, change from "2_8" to "2.8" for consistency in reading.

Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoRelease Notes acknowledgements addition
Kathy Lussier [Thu, 2 Apr 2015 23:36:21 +0000 (19:36 -0400)]
Release Notes acknowledgements addition

Adding KCLS to the acknowledgements.

Signed-off-by: Kathy Lussier <klussier@masslnc.org>
4 years agoRelease Note Acknowledgements user/kmlussier/docs-2-8-acknowledgements
Kathy Lussier [Thu, 2 Apr 2015 20:11:19 +0000 (16:11 -0400)]
Release Note Acknowledgements

Added acknowledgements to the Release Notes. Also added a missing feature and
did some minor cleanup.

Signed-off-by: Kathy Lussier <klussier@masslnc.org>
4 years ago2.8 release notes creation and cleanup
Bill Erickson [Fri, 27 Feb 2015 17:14:32 +0000 (12:14 -0500)]
2.8 release notes creation and cleanup

* Create RELEASE_NOTES_2_8.txt
* Clean up RELEASE_NOTE_NEXT
* Bump doc header level for security announcement

Signed-off-by: Bill Erickson <berickxx@gmail.com>
4 years agoForward-porting 2.7.4-2.8.0 DB upgrade
Bill Erickson [Tue, 31 Mar 2015 14:48:43 +0000 (10:48 -0400)]
Forward-porting 2.7.4-2.8.0 DB upgrade

Signed-off-by: Bill Erickson <berickxx@gmail.com>
4 years agoLP 1435966: Clark Kent should write lock file after it forks.
Jason Stephenson [Tue, 24 Mar 2015 16:49:39 +0000 (12:49 -0400)]
LP 1435966: Clark Kent should write lock file after it forks.

Rearrange the code in clark-kent.pl so that the lock/pid file is
opened and written to after the reporter daemonizes itself.  This
way, the pid in the file can actually be used to stop the running
reporter daemon.

Signed-off-by: Jason Stephenson <jstephenson@mvlc.org>
Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
4 years agoLP#1234220 Stamping DB upgrade copy/ratio messages
Bill Erickson [Fri, 13 Mar 2015 21:23:56 +0000 (17:23 -0400)]
LP#1234220 Stamping DB upgrade copy/ratio messages

Signed-off-by: Bill Erickson <berickxx@gmail.com>
4 years agoLP#1234220 hold ratio renewal override perms
Bill Erickson [Fri, 6 Mar 2015 16:43:43 +0000 (11:43 -0500)]
LP#1234220 hold ratio renewal override perms

New permissions for overriding renewal failure events:

TOTAL_HOLD_COPY_RATIO_EXCEEDED.override
AVAIL_HOLD_COPY_RATIO_EXCEEDED.override

Signed-off-by: Bill Erickson <berickxx@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Kathy Lussier <klussier@masslnc.org>
4 years agoLP#1234220 Improve hold/copy ratio renewal messages
Bill Erickson [Fri, 6 Mar 2015 16:04:01 +0000 (11:04 -0500)]
LP#1234220 Improve hold/copy ratio renewal messages

Display friendlier messages in the TPAC and staff client client when a
hold/copy ratio rule prevents a renewal.

This creates top-level ILS events for total/avail hold copy ratios,
since that's what best works with the staff client.  The TPAC displays a
simple "item is needed for a hold" message, whereas the staff client
displays the raw event description, which is slightly more descriptive.

Signed-off-by: Bill Erickson <berickxx@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Kathy Lussier <klussier@masslnc.org>
4 years agoDocs: Link optional docs from Apache config
Remington Steed [Thu, 12 Mar 2015 13:15:37 +0000 (09:15 -0400)]
Docs: Link optional docs from Apache config

This commit links to the new optional Apache config docs from the Apache
config step in the installation instructions.

Signed-off-by: Remington Steed <rjs7@calvin.edu>
4 years agoLP#1413624 Docs: Move Access Handler docs to official docs
Remington Steed [Wed, 11 Mar 2015 21:23:57 +0000 (17:23 -0400)]
LP#1413624 Docs: Move Access Handler docs to official docs

This commit moves the new Access Handler doc file to the official docs
folder, adds the file reference to the root.txt, changes the main header
text for easier linking, adds the missing block delimiter lines around a
code block, and adds a blank line at the end of another doc file to
prevent the docs from running together.

Signed-off-by: Remington Steed <rjs7@calvin.edu>
4 years agoLP#1413621 Docs: Minor changes to Apache Rewrite Tricks
Remington Steed [Wed, 21 Jan 2015 19:14:00 +0000 (14:14 -0500)]
LP#1413621 Docs: Minor changes to Apache Rewrite Tricks

This commit moves this doc file from TechRef into the official docs
area, adds it to the root.txt file, and adds line breaks for easier
viewing and editing of the file.

Signed-off-by: Remington Steed <rjs7@calvin.edu>
4 years agoLP#1413621 Docs: Apache Rewrite Tricks
Thomas Berezansky [Wed, 21 Jan 2015 19:14:00 +0000 (14:14 -0500)]
LP#1413621 Docs: Apache Rewrite Tricks

Because multiple sites have found this kind of thing useful in the past.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Berezansky <tsbere@mvlc.org>
Signed-off-by: Remington Steed <rjs7@calvin.edu>
4 years agoDocs: Fix AsciiDoc processing errors
Remington Steed [Tue, 10 Mar 2015 13:00:06 +0000 (09:00 -0400)]
Docs: Fix AsciiDoc processing errors

This commit fixes an AsciiDoc link syntax error, and renames section ids
to prevent duplicate names in the preview version of the Web Client
docs.

Signed-off-by: Remington Steed <rjs7@calvin.edu>
4 years agoDocs: Eliminate accidental invalid level 5 AsciiDoc headings
Yamil Suarez [Fri, 6 Mar 2015 21:26:02 +0000 (16:26 -0500)]
Docs: Eliminate accidental invalid level 5 AsciiDoc headings

To properly integrate updated receipt template editor documentation
we origimally used invalid level 5 AsciiDoc headings. Asciidoc only
supports 4 levels of headings

Signed-off-by: Yamil Suarez <yamil@yamil.com>
4 years agoDocs: Add authority section and Authority subject heading thesaurus
Yamil Suarez [Fri, 6 Mar 2015 21:03:54 +0000 (16:03 -0500)]
Docs: Add authority section and Authority subject heading thesaurus

Signed-off-by: Yamil Suarez <yamil@yamil.com>
4 years agoDocs: 2.8 feature correction
Remington Steed [Fri, 6 Mar 2015 17:22:51 +0000 (12:22 -0500)]
Docs: 2.8 feature correction

This commit corrects a mistake in the new feature documentation for
deleting copy locations.

Signed-off-by: Remington Steed <rjs7@calvin.edu>
4 years agoDocs: 2.8 feature "Deleted flag for copy locations"
Remington Steed [Fri, 6 Mar 2015 15:46:50 +0000 (10:46 -0500)]
Docs: 2.8 feature "Deleted flag for copy locations"

This commit documents the new 2.8 feature, the ability to delete copy
locations. It also updates the screenshot, and adds lines to document
other common features of the interface.

Signed-off-by: Remington Steed <rjs7@calvin.edu>
4 years agoLP#1403967: show 'subject heading thesaurus' value release notes
Yamil Suarez [Thu, 5 Mar 2015 17:26:38 +0000 (12:26 -0500)]
LP#1403967: show 'subject heading thesaurus' value release notes

The 'subject heading thesaurus' basically defines the issuing authority
that created the authority record. For example, a value of "a" means that
it came from LoC. A value of "n" means that it is a locally created
authority. Note that within the authority MARC editor the 'Subject
Heading Thesaurus' is stored/displayed in the 'Subj' fixed field.

Signed-off-by: Yamil Suarez <yamil@yamil.com>
4 years agoForward-port 2.7.3-2.7.4 upgrade script
Ben Shum [Tue, 3 Mar 2015 23:01:13 +0000 (18:01 -0500)]
Forward-port 2.7.3-2.7.4 upgrade script

Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1424755: Add IMPORTANT SECURITY INFORMATION release note.
Jason Stephenson [Thu, 19 Feb 2015 16:17:08 +0000 (11:17 -0500)]
LP#1424755: Add IMPORTANT SECURITY INFORMATION release note.

Signed-off-by: Jason Stephenson <jstephenson@mvlc.org>
Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1424755: Org Unit Setting view permissions can be bypassed
Jason Stephenson [Wed, 18 Feb 2015 21:28:31 +0000 (16:28 -0500)]
LP#1424755: Org Unit Setting view permissions can be bypassed

Fix private org. unit setting leakage by forcing the $auth argument
to true if not passed in when open-ils.actor.ou_setting.ancestor_default
or open-ils.actor.ou_setting.ancestor_default.batch are called.

Other than a change to the desc of the public methods to reflect that
they now check permissions if permissions are required, there are no
required api changes to the back or the front ends.

Signed-off-by: Jason Stephenson <jstephenson@mvlc.org>
Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1206589: Temporary Fix for Org. Unit Settings History Bug
Jason Stephenson [Tue, 24 Feb 2015 19:05:16 +0000 (14:05 -0500)]
LP#1206589: Temporary Fix for Org. Unit Settings History Bug

This commit makes two changes to the coustl IDL entry.

1. It adds a retrieve permission of STAFF_LOGIN.  This at least
requires someone with staff permission to be able to view settings
history.

2. It fixed the primary key field from date_applied to id.  The
prior setting was just an outright error.

NOTE: This is intended as a short term fix for the Library Settings
Editor history feature.

Signed-off-by: Jason Stephenson <jstephenson@mvlc.org>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agolp1427331: Remove relator information from author links
Kathy Lussier [Mon, 2 Mar 2015 20:06:03 +0000 (15:06 -0500)]
lp1427331: Remove relator information from author links

Removes the display and linking of relator information from the author field
on the search results page. The display of subfield e was limiting the number
or results retrieved when clicking these links.

Signed-off-by: Kathy Lussier <klussier@masslnc.org>
Signed-off-by: Dan Scott <dscott@laurentian.ca>
4 years agoRevert LP#1205072
Dan Wells [Tue, 3 Mar 2015 17:11:35 +0000 (12:11 -0500)]
Revert LP#1205072

It was decided that these changes caused too much potential for
confusion, and would be better served by a simultaneous change to
making 'granularity' case insensitive.  Pulling back for now.

Signed-off-by: Dan Wells <dbw2@calvin.edu>
4 years agoLP#1287370: minor textual cleanup
Galen Charlton [Thu, 13 Nov 2014 17:42:45 +0000 (09:42 -0800)]
LP#1287370: minor textual cleanup

- remove trailing spaces
- remove debug logging

Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
Signed-off-by: Erica Rohlfs <erohlfs@esilibrary.com>
Signed-off-by: Mike Rylander <mrylander@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1287370: apply filter/offset persistence to the fund search page
Bill Erickson [Tue, 12 Aug 2014 16:03:05 +0000 (12:03 -0400)]
LP#1287370: apply filter/offset persistence to the fund search page

This patch completes the AutoGrid work and applies the
filter & offset persistence to the fund search page.

Signed-off-by: Bill Erickson <berick@esilibrary.com>
Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
Signed-off-by: Erica Rohlfs <erohlfs@esilibrary.com>
Signed-off-by: Mike Rylander <mrylander@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1287370: allow AutoGrid to persist filter state and page offset
Bill Erickson [Mon, 11 Aug 2014 20:45:21 +0000 (16:45 -0400)]
LP#1287370: allow AutoGrid to persist filter state and page offset

By turning on a new AutoGrid option called urlNavigation,
the current filter and offset is stored in a URL parameter
called djgridops. This permits using the back button
to return to an AutoGrid page at the place in the search
results where the user left it.

Signed-off-by: Bill Erickson <berick@esilibrary.com>
Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
Signed-off-by: Erica Rohlfs <erohlfs@esilibrary.com>
Signed-off-by: Mike Rylander <mrylander@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP #1406350 Mobile Device Navigation Issue Fix for Shelf Browser
Adam Bowling [Tue, 20 Jan 2015 21:54:11 +0000 (16:54 -0500)]
LP #1406350 Mobile Device Navigation Issue Fix for Shelf Browser

Currently, when a browser window is narrowed too much, whether
in a mobile browser, or on a desktop or laptop machine, the
"Previous Page" and "Next Page" navigation links disappear. The
only solution that seems to solve this is by removing the
"THEAD" element from the shelf browser table.

This patch removes that tag, adds a new row to imitate a new
border as existed before, and modifies the CSS in .../opac/
css/style.css.tt2 to address that difference.

Signed-off-by: Adam Bowling <abowling@emeralddata.net>
Signed-off-by: Yamil Suarez <yamil@yamil.com>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1205072: Correct and clarify the upgrade notes
Remington Steed [Mon, 2 Mar 2015 21:54:56 +0000 (16:54 -0500)]
LP#1205072: Correct and clarify the upgrade notes

Signed-off-by: Remington Steed <rjs7@calvin.edu>
Signed-off-by: Dan Wells <dbw2@calvin.edu>
4 years agoLP#1205072 - Assorted fixes for action trigger granularity settings
Josh Stompro [Tue, 13 Jan 2015 19:36:40 +0000 (13:36 -0600)]
LP#1205072 - Assorted fixes for action trigger granularity settings

- Added "weekdays" option to match up with example crontab file
- Change granularity example back to lowercase
- Change granularity labels to lowercase in the docs

Signed-off-by: Josh Stompro <stomproj@larl.org>
Signed-off-by: Remington Steed <rjs7@calvin.edu>
Signed-off-by: Dan Wells <dbw2@calvin.edu>
4 years agoLP#1205072 A/T granularity upgrade notes
Bill Erickson [Tue, 2 Dec 2014 20:00:22 +0000 (15:00 -0500)]
LP#1205072 A/T granularity upgrade notes

Signed-off-by: Bill Erickson <berickxx@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Remington Steed <rjs7@calvin.edu>
Signed-off-by: Dan Wells <dbw2@calvin.edu>
4 years agoLP#1205072 A/T granularity UI sane default, honors case
Bill Erickson [Wed, 26 Nov 2014 19:31:41 +0000 (14:31 -0500)]
LP#1205072 A/T granularity UI sane default, honors case

Present A/T granularity options as untranslated, lower-case strings to
match the crontab examples.  Also, honor alternate case variations for
granularity values so that "Daily" and "daily" are both seprate, valid
options.

Signed-off-by: Bill Erickson <berickxx@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Remington Steed <rjs7@calvin.edu>
Signed-off-by: Dan Wells <dbw2@calvin.edu>
4 years agoLP#1287791: Restrict authority browse to controlled subfields
Mike Rylander [Tue, 4 Mar 2014 16:31:13 +0000 (11:31 -0500)]
LP#1287791: Restrict authority browse to controlled subfields

Back in bug 1175308 I added some logic that improves the behavior
of the MARC editor's right-click authority popup. Now we need to
go a little farther and adjust that logic to be more careful about
which subfields it uses to browse for authority records. Specifically,
it should only use controlled subfields.

Signed-off-by: Mike Rylander <mrylander@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Remington Steed <rjs7@calvin.edu>
Signed-off-by: Dan Wells <dbw2@calvin.edu>
4 years agoLP#1155313: fix mangling of schema upgrade script name
Galen Charlton [Mon, 2 Mar 2015 14:56:34 +0000 (14:56 +0000)]
LP#1155313: fix mangling of schema upgrade script name

Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
4 years agoLP#1155313: recalculate normalized labels during upgrade
Galen Charlton [Mon, 2 Mar 2015 14:20:55 +0000 (14:20 +0000)]
LP#1155313: recalculate normalized labels during upgrade

Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
4 years agoLP#1155313: pin upgrade script to 0914
Galen Charlton [Mon, 2 Mar 2015 14:05:52 +0000 (14:05 +0000)]
LP#1155313: pin upgrade script to 0914

Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
4 years agoLP#1155313: fix copy-and-paste-o in test case
Galen Charlton [Mon, 2 Mar 2015 14:02:23 +0000 (14:02 +0000)]
LP#1155313: fix copy-and-paste-o in test case

Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
4 years agoLP#1155313: upgrade script and pgTAP tests for monograph_part label normalization fix
Dan Pearl [Mon, 5 Jan 2015 18:28:13 +0000 (13:28 -0500)]
LP#1155313: upgrade script and pgTAP tests for monograph_part label normalization fix

Signed-off-by: Daniel Pearl <dpearl@cwmars.org>
Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
4 years agoLP#1155313: Repair generation of label_sortkey for monograph_part entries
Dan Pearl [Fri, 15 Mar 2013 19:04:37 +0000 (15:04 -0400)]
LP#1155313: Repair generation of label_sortkey for monograph_part entries

The evergreen.lpad_number_substrings function attempts to codify numeric
fields within labels.  It does this by finding the strings, padding them
to a given size, and replacing them in the source string.  For instance:
       3 => 0000000003
    15.4 => 00000000150000000004

The algorithm was fooled by repeated characters, like in 15.1:
    15.1 => 00000000000000000150000000001  INCORRECT

This change will result in the correct value.

Signed-off-by: Dan Pearl <dpearl@cwmars.org>
Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
4 years agoLP#1395842: fix labels for A/T environment and parameter ID fields
Josh Stompro [Fri, 16 Jan 2015 02:03:55 +0000 (20:03 -0600)]
LP#1395842: fix labels for A/T environment and parameter ID fields

Signed-off-by: Josh Stompro <stomproj@larl.org>
Signed-off-by: Galen Charlton <gmc@esilibrary.com>
4 years agoLP#1426133: followup fix seed data sequence
Ben Shum [Sat, 28 Feb 2015 17:24:31 +0000 (12:24 -0500)]
LP#1426133: followup fix seed data sequence

Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1425967: look for Business::CreditCard in settings-tester.pl
Jason Etheridge [Thu, 26 Feb 2015 14:26:47 +0000 (09:26 -0500)]
LP#1425967: look for Business::CreditCard in settings-tester.pl

and not Business::CreditCard::Object

Signed-off-by: Jason Etheridge <jason@esilibrary.com>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1426133: Stamping upgrade script for set merge_profile_id_seq
Ben Shum [Fri, 27 Feb 2015 15:25:48 +0000 (10:25 -0500)]
LP#1426133: Stamping upgrade script for set merge_profile_id_seq

Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1426133: Set merge_profile_id_seq explicitly
Remington Steed [Thu, 26 Feb 2015 21:21:48 +0000 (16:21 -0500)]
LP#1426133: Set merge_profile_id_seq explicitly

Many database tables need to explicitly set the id sequence (often to
100) to provide room for stock data with static ids. This commit does so
for vandelay.merge_profile, and also updates the ids of any non-stock
profiles (both in the merge_profile table and in related settings).

Signed-off-by: Remington Steed <rjs7@calvin.edu>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1425191 Restore summarization of serial units
Dan Wells [Thu, 12 Feb 2015 18:08:52 +0000 (13:08 -0500)]
LP#1425191 Restore summarization of serial units

In a previous commit, code was added for force summaries to be limited
to a certain type (to prevent cross type contamination of summaries).
This had the negative side-effect of preventing summaries on units, as
the units were not requesting a 'type' for their summary.

While we could force the unit code to send a type, it seemed generally
more flexible to restore the removed support for returning all summary
information in the absense of a requested type.  This could lead to
cross-type summaries for units, but that is a larger issue altogether
(i.e. how we can properly support cross-type units at all).

Signed-off-by: Dan Wells <dbw2@calvin.edu>
Signed-off-by: Kathy Lussier <klussier@masslnc.org>
4 years agolp1373203: Allow users to escape metarecord holds
Kathy Lussier [Sat, 21 Feb 2015 14:50:13 +0000 (09:50 -0500)]
lp1373203: Allow users to escape metarecord holds

Provides a means for users to escape a metarecord hold if they accidentally
clicked the Advanced Hold Options link. A Basic Hold Options link will be
provided to allow the user to return to a title hold. If the hold starts as a
metarecord hold, the basic hold options link won't display since we don't know
which bib the patron wants.

Also fixes an issue where the hold cancel button always returned the user to
the previous screen. We will instead utilize the existing hold_source_page
parameter to identify the return page.

Signed-off-by: Kathy Lussier <klussier@masslnc.org>
Signed-off-by: Ben Shum <bshum@biblio.org>
4 years agoLP#1402797 Open item status in a new tab
Mike Rylander [Fri, 20 Feb 2015 16:59:23 +0000 (11:59 -0500)]
LP#1402797 Open item status in a new tab

Signed-off-by: Mike Rylander <mrylander@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Bill Erickson <berickxx@gmail.com>
4 years agoLP#1402797 Allow (and use) a default cancel cause for holds by passing around a scala...
Mike Rylander [Fri, 20 Feb 2015 15:59:17 +0000 (10:59 -0500)]
LP#1402797 Allow (and use) a default cancel cause for holds by passing around a scalar instead of an object

Signed-off-by: Mike Rylander <mrylander@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Bill Erickson <berickxx@gmail.com>
4 years agoLP#1402797 Do not allow workstations as org units that cannot have user
Mike Rylander [Thu, 19 Feb 2015 20:54:38 +0000 (15:54 -0500)]
LP#1402797 Do not allow workstations as org units that cannot have user

Signed-off-by: Mike Rylander <mrylander@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Bill Erickson <berickxx@gmail.com>
4 years agoLP#1402797 Test value directly, and invert test for the a-disabled test
Mike Rylander [Tue, 17 Feb 2015 22:14:23 +0000 (17:14 -0500)]
LP#1402797 Test value directly, and invert test for the a-disabled test

Signed-off-by: Mike Rylander <mrylander@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Bill Erickson <berickxx@gmail.com>
4 years agoLP#1402797 Move aDisabled from patron/app to services/ui so it can be used everywhere
Mike Rylander [Tue, 17 Feb 2015 22:13:32 +0000 (17:13 -0500)]
LP#1402797 Move aDisabled from patron/app to services/ui so it can be used everywhere

Signed-off-by: Mike Rylander <mrylander@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Bill Erickson <berickxx@gmail.com>
4 years agoLP#1402797 Attempt to implement disabling tests for orgs in the magic dropdown
Mike Rylander [Sun, 1 Feb 2015 22:05:29 +0000 (17:05 -0500)]
LP#1402797 Attempt to implement disabling tests for orgs in the magic dropdown

Signed-off-by: Mike Rylander <mrylander@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Bill Erickson <berickxx@gmail.com>
4 years agoLP#1402797 clean up action rows and styling
Mike Rylander [Tue, 17 Feb 2015 21:25:30 +0000 (16:25 -0500)]
LP#1402797 clean up action rows and styling

Signed-off-by: Mike Rylander <mrylander@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Bill Erickson <berickxx@gmail.com>
4 years agoLP#1402797 Add (stub) fast item add, and (working) bib source selection
Mike Rylander [Tue, 17 Feb 2015 18:30:57 +0000 (13:30 -0500)]
LP#1402797 Add (stub) fast item add, and (working) bib source selection

Signed-off-by: Mike Rylander <mrylander@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Bill Erickson <berickxx@gmail.com>
4 years agoLP#1402797 Mangle the 005 when saving, and support any record_entry type
Mike Rylander [Mon, 16 Feb 2015 21:52:59 +0000 (16:52 -0500)]
LP#1402797 Mangle the 005 when saving, and support any record_entry type

Signed-off-by: Mike Rylander <mrylander@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Bill Erickson <berickxx@gmail.com>
4 years agoLP#1402797 handle up/down arrow (navigate) and ctrl + up/down (duplicate field)
Mike Rylander [Mon, 16 Feb 2015 21:12:24 +0000 (16:12 -0500)]
LP#1402797 handle up/down arrow (navigate) and ctrl + up/down (duplicate field)

Signed-off-by: Mike Rylander <mrylander@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Bill Erickson <berickxx@gmail.com>